Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Introducing zapDial



zapDial is an application made for iPhone. The application allows the user to draw a gesture to represent a contact and then call that contact by drawing the quick gesture, instead of browsing thru the list of all the contacts. When starting to use the application you need to draw a gesture to represent each contact you choose, you also have the option to record an audio tag which will be played to notify you which contact is now selected before it actually starts making the phone call. With the default settings you have to confirm the contact you want to reach by clicking yes on the screen or alternatively just wait six seconds and it will then start the phone call, these setting can be changed so that it doesn't ask for any confirmation before calling.

I installed zapDial on my iPhone and have been testing it's different functions, I think it's quite nice but I still doubt that I would ever start using it for my daily phone calls. I think it deserves to be nominated, but I don't think it will be the winner.

2 comments:

  1. Would you be able to come up with 200 different simple strokes? I know I wouldn't. D: I suppose it's meant for the three most important contacts you have or something, and I can imagine it working okay that way, same way as the speed dials in phones with numbers. I like it that they tried this because it's funny that a touchscreen phone should work exactly the same way as a phone with no touchscreen except that aiming is more difficult. With this feature it's sudenly very sci-fi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speed-dialing for today :)
    I think many people will use this, and it seems to me that it's something the creators of any touch-screen phone should have thought about loooong ago.

    It's not all too amazing and mildly useful (for everyone), and perhaps deserves the nomination.

    ReplyDelete