Monday, November 8, 2010

Introducing Liquorious



Liquorious is a quite psychedelic looking game developed by two students from Salzburg University of Applied Sciences: Rene Baumgartner and Fabian Bergner.

The player controls a pinguin (that seems to be on acid or something) in a brainmelting environment and tries to run, jump and fly as far as possible without falling down or colliding with obstacles. The pinguin can also use Slow Motion power up for more accurate controls but it costs the player energy which takes some time to recharge.

The game is developed using Ogre3D Engine for the graphics, nVidia PhsyX for the physics and FMOD for the sound engine. It works only in Windows.

You can download the game from it's website: http://artcore.mediacube.at/projects/liquorious/ (make sure to turn up the volume and shut the lights before clicking the link)

I think Liquorious deserves to be nominated, but I don't think it's going to win. I haven't had a chance to try it out myself since I don't own a Windows PC, but even when it looks very unique, the basic idea behind the game seems to be nothing new.

1 comment:

  1. What. The. Hell?

    I think the creators had an extremely fun time making this game, but I don't think it really deserves to be nominated. I'd like to know how they got nominated in the first place.

    There isn't anything new in this game and it's extremely disturbing to your ears and your eyes. It is funny, but only for a few seconds.

    ReplyDelete